In the run up to Halloween, Festive Lights have created a “Grown Up” party pack with everything you need to throw the perfect Halloween party for you and your friends, including some specially designed American Horror Story cocktails. For more ideas on throwing a “Grown Up” Halloween Party go to Festive Lights!
180ml soda water
60ml orange juice
90ml raspberry syrup
1. Shake the vodka and Licor43 with ice.
2. Mix with orange juice and soda water, then pour into iced glasses.
3. Serve with raspberry syrup in a plastic syringe.
Witch’s Coven (Coven)
950ml blackcurrant juice
350ml soda water
1. Mix brandy and sugar in a large bowl then stir in blackcurrant juice.
2. Refrigerate for around an hour, then add soda water just before serving.
3. Serve in martini glasses.
Freak Show Lemonade (Freak Show)
250ml lemon juice
2-3 ripe peaches
1. Dissolve the sugar in the water and lemon juice then add the pitted and sliced peaches.
2. Stir in the bourbon and add sprigs of fresh mint.
3. Serve in a drinks dispenser.
Communion Wine (Asylum)
2 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 cinnamon stick
2 bottles of red wine (Zinfandel or Merlot)
3 bay leaves
300g muscovado sugar
1. Simmer the peppercorns, fennel seeds and cinnamon stick wrapped in gauze over a low heat in the red wine with bay leaves and orange zest strips.
2. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the aromatics and stir in sugar until dissolved.
4. Serve warm in your most chalice like goblets.
Smoking Gun (Murder House)
115ml red vermouth
8 drops of bitters (Angostura)
50ml smoky Scotch whiskey
1. Add the bourbon, vermouth and bitters to a cocktail shaker with 1 cup of ice and stir.
2. Discard the ice and strain the cocktail into an iced glass.
3. Carefully spoon the Scotch whiskey on top so it floats.
4. Serve with a smoking gun if you have one.